Srinagar, Feb 07 (KS) :- An elderly man was charred to death in a fire incident in Qamarwari area of Srinagar on Tuesday.
An official told the Kashmir Scroll that a fire incident was reported at the residential house of Bashir Ah Dar (65) at Qamarwari chowk.
He said soon after the fire incident where in he used to live alone, police party along with fire tenders rushed to the spot, fire was doused off.
However the charred body of the erson has been found from the debris ,he said, adding that body has been taken to SMHS for medico legal formalities.
He said that cause of death seems to be asphyxiation due to inhalation of smoke smouldering out there.
Meanwhile police have taken cognizance of the incident and started investigation.